Localization cycle in Serge is a process of generating localized resources by getting source resources and applying all known translations to them (this is what
serge localize does). On top of that, Serge performs all the necessary synchronization with version control system and translation service (this is what
serge sync does).
sync performs a full localization+sync cycle:
- Pull source files from the remote development repository (
- Pull translation files from external translation service (
- Perform an inner (local) localization cycle (
- Parse specific localizable resource files from the local checkout, extract strings from there and put them into its own Translation Memory database
- Parse previously generated translation files and put new translations into TM database
- Generate/update translation files that can be further used in an offline or online translation environment
- Generate localized copies of source files based on existing translations
- Push translation files to an external translation service (
- Push generated localized files back to the remote repository (
sync command needs to be used on a localization server.
localize command alone can be used on a local development machine for on-demand resource localization, localization project configuration, or testing your custom parsers.