Supported File Formats
File format support in Serge is realized via parser plugins. Serge comes with more than 20 plugins for various localization formats.
- Metaparser plugin that allows you to parse different file formats (.ini, .inc, .csv, custom ones) by providing a list of regular expressions
- Native platform-specific file formats:
- Android: .xml
- iOS, Mac OS: .strings, .plist
- Blackberry: .rrc
- Windows: .rc, .wxl
- Unix: .po, .pot
- Java: .properties
- Generic tree structure parsers:
- Several flavors of simple key-value file formats:
- Generic markup parser that one can use to convert plain-text documents or into localizable ones.
On top of supporting different file formats, Serge autodetects various Unicode encodings for source files, and can be configured to output localized files in any encoding.
Some parsers in Serge are validating ones; when Serge detects a problem with the source file, it can send an alert email to a specified address for developers/maintainers to be able to fix the problem quickly.